Thursday 9 December 2010

Supporting Other Lodges

Allow me to get something off my chest -  I am proud of my lodge, I love it, I fraternally embrace each member and always look forward to our festive boards to catch up and have some 'craic'.

But I have done a little bit of Masonic travelling, and although my lodge is growing in number, with possible candidates and new members, other worthy lodges are not.  My purpose is to try and support these lodges - and the members therein.  There are Brethern who love their lodge as much (if not more) as I do, their hearts must be heavy as they look at membership fees raise higher, members grow fewer..

I see it as a Masonic duty and indeed pleasure to go along to these lodges and attempt to support them, it's something perhaps we should all do as Masons - to strengthen the craft as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment